Monday 24 June 2013

Bonjour mes amis

At last I can have a little break - all of that driving around France, and showing people the fine foods and wines can be a bit exhausting for a hippo. It was worth it though because they all had a very good time.

Now Gail and Maurice have abandoned me while they go off to England to look for houses to rent for the Rugby World Cup. ( I personally don't like rugby as much since the fields stopped being so gloriously muddy.) You can see they have left me well prepared, and I know they will be back for me at the end of August.

Here's a picture of my summer quarters, a garage The Active Gourmet uses to stash all their goodies when not on tour.  I am lucky because it is right by the River Thouet in Saumur and, though I am a sophisto hippo, it is pleasant to smell river smells from my camp.

I will have time in the next couple of weeks to download a few pics of our travels, so stay tuned.

Au revoir
Hubert



No comments:

Post a Comment