Monday 20 May 2013


Bonjour MTG travellers,

Yes, I am here on the Cote Basque wearing more clothes than I would skiing, and watching the giant grey waves of the Atlantic curl into the beach.

My reason for being here, apart from doing research for The Active Gourmet Pays Basque tour at the end of September, is to test drive a product on you behalf - the socks.

I am happy to report they have survived the third day of wearing in a row, although they have yet to pass the sniff test today!

When I finally get round to washing them, I must remember to put them in their little bag and to use cold water (for once I did read some instructions). Just think how our luggage could be made lighter if all our clothes were made of merino and cashmere!

Ah, please remember to pack your water bottle in your main luggage and, when on the plane, remove a couple of those little hand towels when you are jammed in the toilet - they make the very best face clothes because they are so miserably thin that they dry quickly. European accommodation seldom provides such items. Guess why I remembered to mention this to you all......Bring very few toiletries apart from the giant soap. French chemists have the most exciting things, often in small sizes, and they are always ready to offer advice on ailments, much as we would use a doctor.

I know there was something else I was going to remind you of, but the brain is blank. No, it has flashed back - if you have a tendency towards fluid retention, ring your doctor and ask for four or five fluid tablets. They are to be used with caution, but they will help rid you of that feeling of being the first cousin of the elephant in Paris zoo.

Meanwhile, I am back to my maps and the waves. Fly well and I will see you at the Avignon TGV station.

Hubert



No comments:

Post a Comment